I bought a book called “Soups for Beauty” recently. I know, it sounds cheesy but it was only $9.90 so what the heck.
My virgin encounter with this book was with a detoxifying and cooling recipe for soup. With apples, figs and candied dates, this soup is sweet and rather refreshing. 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
13g dried chrystanthemums
5 candied dates
4 dried figs
300g lean pork
(I’m re-arranging the steps so that they make more sense.)
1. Put 8 bowls of water to boil.
2. Rinse chrysanthemums, dates, figs and lean pork.
3. If I may add, cut lean pork into big chunks and blanch them in a separate pot to remove the stinky porky smell.
4. Rinse apples and cut them into big pieces, removing their cores.
5. Once the water is boiling like mad, put all ingredients in except the chrysanthemum.
6. Let the soup rise to a boil again before turning down to low heat and cook for another 1 and a half hours. Add chrysanthemums 10 minutes before the soup is done and season with salt.